Labels

Thursday, January 19

The Reader

The Reader by Bernhard Schlink has had many moments in the spotlight. First as an acclaimed book in Germany, then with its first release in English, a couple years later its popularity spiked when it was chosen for Oprah's Book Club. In 2008 there was a film adaptation that was subsequently nominated for several Academy Awards.
I read this book in 2011. I loved it. I didn’t want it to come to an end. It is well written and fast paced, It deserves all the attention. It’s packed with a lot of moral questions. It made me think.
Although I say this book is amazing, IT IS NOT FOR YOUNG CHILDREN. There is strong language and uses very specific strong detail with the relationship between the two people in this book. Some people are uncomfortable with the moral ambiguity. I recommend this book for anyone over the age over 15.
Article by: Isabelle Arriaga
http://blogs.westdeptford.lib.nj.us/reader_reviews/2011/10/28/the-reader-by-bernhard-schlink/