Labels

Thursday, December 8

Da New Years Celebrations

Of course I know that not everyone celebrates New Years the same day or in the same way.  Mostly I want to discuss who celebrates it and in what way. New Year Celebration may not be biggest holiday for food like Thanksgiving but the food reflects the different cultures celebrating the New Years. Also, I interviewed people in class.
I celebrate my New Years by going to my grandma’s house and eat whatever mexican food there is. My aunts,uncles, grandparents and my family all come. Then, when the clock hits exactly twelve p.m. we all toast with some red wine.
Raquel celebrates New Years at her home and it’s not as big as for her. However, James states that he makes his “own” food before and after New Years. He celebrates at his grandparents or at his home. He makes spaghetti, lasagna, garlic bread, pecan pie, peach combler, tomato sauce and drinks some white wine. Valon and his family celebrate at his grandma’s house. They bring their native Albanian food, with some rice and a salad.
Finally, Sha’kaela and Kiana celebrate their New Years by going to various places and the food can vary depending on where they go to with their family.
New Years is not big to some people and there are some differences in ways of celebrating it. There is no right or wrong way of celebrating, because it all depends on every person’s point of view.
By:Jesus Barrera
englishwithjo.com