Labels

Wednesday, February 1

Monster Review

There really are not a lot of books that I have read completely front to back, I have only read 4 books all my life and I think that’s because most of the books I have read the book was too slow, or it was just too boring for me to keep reading any further! But out of the 4 books I have read my favorite book is Monster by Walter Dean Myers.                                                                                                                                                                                                                           Monster is about a 14 year old black boy that lives in Harlem, New York. One day he went to the store to buy something, and as he was there 3 other guys ran in there and robbed the store and shot the man at the cash register!! A couple of weeks later after the incident happened the police had come up to the kid’s house and arrested him and took him to the police station for questioning.
At the station the cops were asking the kid all kinds of questions like why were you at the store, did you know those people that robbed the store. A couple days later once they went to court, the judge decided that the kid was guilty and will be in jail until next court date!
Three months later after being in jail the kid got to get out of jail,cause he went to court and for the final decision the judge said he was innocent. So he got to go home with his parents!
I think this is a very good book, and also my favorite book and I think anybody that likes to read or that is looking for a good book should read Monster, because you will not regret it!
By: Chris Coby